The National Kidney Foundation of Illinois supports the on-going work and care that the allied health professionals provide on a day-to-day basis to kidney patients and their families.
The Illinois Council Executive Committees assist in the planning of the fall Interdisciplinary Conference and the ICRN Executive Committee takes on the planning of the ICRN Spring Meeting. The Executive Committees are the voice of what is trending in the field in both professional education and patient care. They serve as an extension of the NKFI, dedicating their time to assisting with patient and community programs and events, and assist in answering patient inquiries the NKFI receives.
Illinois Council of Nephrology Nurses and Technicians (ICNNT)
- Chair - Santina Cesar, RN, BSN, CNN
- Program Chair – Melissa Vester, RN, CNN
- Secretary/Treasurer – Carol Thomson, BSN, RN, MBA
- Past Chair – Amanda Hale, MBA, MSN, BSN, RN
Illinois Council on Renal Nutrition (ICRN)
- President – Melissa Prest, MS, RDN, CSR, LDN
- Secretary/Treasurer – Barbara Niedbala, M. Ed., RD, LDN
Illinois Council of Nephrology Social Workers (ICNSW)
- Chair – Karen Chandler, MSW, LCSW
- Shannon Walker, MSW, LSW
Below are just a few different ways that you can get involved with the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois:
Volunteer at a KidneyMobile screening (average of 65 screenings/year)
- Nurses: Administer tests, assist with screening result interpretation and consultations
- Techs: Administer tests, educate participants
- Dietitians: 1-on-1 consultations on nutrition education/dietary behavior changes
- Social Workers: 1-on-1 consultations
- Contact Regina White at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in volunteering at a KidneyMobile screening.
Join your council’s Executive Committee or the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois’ Professional Advisory Board
Volunteer or serve as a presenter at a NKFI patient program such as Living with Kidney Disease
Promote NKFI patient programming within your clinic or hospital
Contact Sara Jane Castro at email@example.com for event and program promotional materials.
Kidney Career Center
Looking for a job in the renal field? Visit our Kidney Career Center to learn more.
Continuing Education Credits
Looking for continuing education credits opportunities? Visit our online continuing education site.
Please note: To have access to these free webinars, one must be a member of the National Kidney Foundation.