Now Accepting Young Investigator Research Grant Applications
February 3, 2015
We are pleased to announce that the 2015 National Kidney Foundation of Illinois Young Investigator Research Grant application is now available. The NKFI Research Grant program funds young investigators who have research projects that will increase the understanding of kidney, urologic and related diseases and transplantation as well as improve the clinical management and treatment or cure of these diseases. Grant submissions are reviewed and selected by the NKFI Research Review Committee on a bi-annual basis.
The current deadline for submission is April 1, 2015 by 5:00 pm. Funding begins July 1, 2015.
- Applicants must hold a M.D., Ph.D. or equivalent by the time of the start of the funding period and have an appointment at an academic institution
- Applicants must hold a junior faculty appointment as an instructor/research associate or assistant professor and be within 5 years of training
- Applicants may apply for up to two years of funding
- Maximum grant amount per year $60,000
- Grant awards will be announced by mail
About the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois
The National Kidney Foundation of Illinois improves the health and well-being of people at risk for or affected by kidney disease through prevention, education and empowerment. To learn more, please visit www.nkfi.org.