The Associate Board of the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois is comprised of energized young professionals seeking to further the mission of the NKFI through fundraising, awareness, and volunteerism.
Congratulations to Natalie Corpuz, who was named Chair of the Associate Board in March 2016. Natalie has served on the Associate Board since 2013 and is an asset to the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois. She brings to the board passion for and a deep understanding of the foundation’s mission, and we value her dedication.
The Associate Board of the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois supports the foundation through three primary pillars: Fundraising, Awareness and Volunteerism. For more details, download the board description.
Join the Associate Board
Members of the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois Associate Board join for a minimum of a one (1) year-long term and commit to the following:
- On time payment of yearly $50 membership dues
- Reaching or exceeding a yearly fundraising give/get of $250
Attending or calling into at least 75% of meetings
- Meetings are held every other month. As the Derby for a Cause approaches, meetings are held more frequently (every 3-4 weeks)
- Participating in at least two yearly volunteer projects (including but not limited to KidneyMobile® screenings, health fairs, special events, patient and professional programs, office volunteer projects)
- Recruiting or interviewing one additional Associate Board member
Associate Board Members
Divya Jain Arwindekar, DO, Advocate Christ Medical Center
Alison Cline, AkzoNobel
Kristen Edson, Chicago Public Library
Natalia Gallegos, MPH, MacNeal Hospital
Maninderpal (Mindu) Jhattu
Melissa Johnsen, University of Illinois at Chicago
Greg Kent, Wrigley
Alece McFadden, Northeastern Illinois University
Gina O'Brien, MacNeal Hospital
Leilah Sampson, Lake Shore Country Club
Matt Schwartz, Morgan Stanley
Petra Seitz, WTTW/Chicago PBS
Payal Shah, Pharm. D.
Anne Simms, South Wilmington Grade School
Kelsey Vuillemot, National Association of Women Lawyers