When: Thursday, March 10, 2016 from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
What: World Kidney Day is celebrated worldwide, bringing together millions of people in over 150 countries and uniting them to produce a powerful voice for kidney health awareness. Join the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois as we mark World Kidney Day and kick off the 2016 KidneyMobile® screening season!
Join us on March 10 to take advantage of these free services:
- Kidney and diabetes screening for all attendees. Tests include: blood pressure, blood sugar, hemoglobin A1c (3-month diabetes test), body mass index (BMI), waist circumference, urinalysis and a blood draw (if necessary).
- Opportunity to talk about your results with a doctor or nurse.
- Health insurance information.
- Tours of the KidneyMobile.
- Eye, foot, hearing, and osteoporosis exams.
- Mini-massages and exercise demonstrations.
- healthy cooking demonstrations by Laura Mueller.
- Healthy snacks, nutrition consultations and more!
Interested in volunteering at World Kidney Day? We utilize nursing, medical, PA, pharmacy students as volunteers for our KidneyMobile program. We will be especially in need of bi-lingual (Spanish) medical volunteers. Please contact Regina White at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or have questions.
For questions please contact Megan Craig at (312) 321-1500 or email@example.com.
Date & Time
Thursday, March 10, 2016
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
1600 W Lake Street
Melrose Park, IL 60160
World Kidney Day is made possible each year through these generous supporters. For more information on available opportunities, please contact Megan Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 321-1500.
Tags: patient, professional