2017 Walk for Kidneys
Date: Sunday, June 25th, 2017
Time: Registration & Check-In open at 8:30 am; Kick-off Program at 9:40 am; Walk Step-Off at 10:00 am
Location: Soldier Field, 1410 South Museum Campus Drive, Chicago
Walk For Kidneys is a day for patients, friends, family members and supporters from all across Chicagoland to come together for one common cause: to improve the health and well-being of people at risk for or affected by kidney disease through prevention, education and empowerment. Participants will enjoy refreshments, music, entertainment, kids' activities and more! Walk strong for kidney health!
Registration for the 3-mile walk is free and all are welcome! If you would like to register to participate and/or donate to a team or an individual, visit the 2017 Walk for Kidneys event page by clicking here. Proceeds will directly support the crucial programs and services provided by the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois - programs that help people affected by or at-risk for kidney disease throughout Illinois. Your generosity and support of the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois is what makes these programs possible.
Families / Pets: This is a family-friendly and pet-friendly event. There is a KID-ney zone with activities for the young ones!
Parking/Transportation Info: See Parking/Transportation Information tab above
Online donations will be accepted up to a month after the Walk. Check, Cash and Credit card donations will be accepted at the Walk itself, or, you can mail to the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois office, 215 W. Illinois Street, Suite 1C, Chicago, IL 60654
Before You Walk, Did You…
• Individually raise $75 to earn your official Walk for Kidneys T-shirt? Follow the NKFI’s top fundraising tips, found online here, and you’ll be well on your way to earning an exclusive Walk for Kidneys T-shirt and other great prizes!
• Follow up with all your potential donors at least once? People want to support you, they just need reminders!
• Ask your donors to check if their employer has a charitable gift matching program? If so, their donation could double!
This program is made possible each year through input and support from many generous sponsors and exhibitors. To be included in printed materials for the 2017 Walk for Kidneys, all sponsor commitments are due by March 25, 2017. For more information on available opportunities, please call (312) 321-1500.
Click here to download the 2017 Walk Sponsorship Packet.
Parking: Parking is located in the Waldron Garage. You can enter the garage from the South side of the garage; take Lake Shore Drive and turn east on E. 18th Street. There are two entrances on the south side of the garage. The Walk for Kidneys discounted rate is $20.
Additional notes: There are height limitations for the garage (8’). As always, we suggest that participants carpool, take public transportation, or take a taxi to Walk for Kidneys.
CTA Bus System
• CTA Bus Routes #128 (Soldier Field Express) and #130 Museum Campus serve Union Station and the Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra).
• CTA Bus Route #130 or #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express, all of which connect with Red, Orange and Green Lines on Roosevelt.
• All of these bus routes stop in front of the stadium.
• The stadium is a few blocks east of the Roosevelt stops on the CTA Red, Orange and Green Lines (about a 15 minute walk).
• You can walk from the ‘L’ stops by heading east on Roosevelt Road from State Street until you cross Columbus. To your left will be a walkway that gently slopes down through the Museum Campus to a pedestrian underpass to get to the other side of Lake Shore Drive. Then, turn right to head south past the Field Museum and on to Soldier Field.
Tags: special event, professional, patient