Saturday, March 19, 2016
Presentations from last year's Living with Kidney Disease event are available online! Please click on the "Agenda & Presentations" tab, above, to download them.
Living with Kidney Disease - Chicago O'Hare is an annual day-long educational seminar for people living with or at risk for kidney disease, on dialysis, waiting for a kidney transplant and kidney transplant recipients. Caregivers and family members are also encouraged to attend. Guests will have the opportunity to:
- Meet and learn from other patients and families
- Network with professionals from the nephrology field and learn about local resources
- Receive important information from experts about medications, insurance, diet, treatment options and more
Registration is $10 per person, which covers parking, breakfast, lunch and all program materials. Raffle tickets are also available for $1 each. Additional donations to the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois are welcome and will help cover additional program expenses.
To see photos from last year's event, click here.
Date & Time
Saturday, March 19, 2016
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Chicago Marriott O’Hare
8535 West Higgins Road
Chicago, Illinois 60631
Directions: If taking public transportation, the CTA Blue Line Cumberland stop drops off at the hotel parking lot.
If driving, parking is free for all paid registrants. Click here for Google Maps location details.
8:30 am Registration Opens
9:00 am Breakfast
9:30 am Welcome Reception
9:40 - 10:15 am Keynote Speech
10:25 - 11:10 am Breakout Session A (Choose One)
- Why Your Dialysis Medications Matter
- Maintaining Your Kidney Transplant
- How to Get Listed for Transplant
11:20 - 12:05 pm Finding Your Donor: The Big Ask, The Big Give
12:10 - 1:10 pm Lunch with the Experts and Networking
1:20 - 2:05 pm Breakout Session B (Choose One)
- A Healthy Diet for Everyone: Your Grocery Staples and Food Labels
- Living Well with Chronic Kidney Disease
2:15 - 3:00 pm Breakout Session C (Choose One)
- Mental Health and the Emotional Side of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Sexuality After Transplant
- Mind-Body Health Exercises During Dialysis
Please note: agenda is subject to change without notice.
To download available presentations from 2015, please click on any of the blue links below.
Sponsors & Exhibitors
This program is made possible each year through many generous sponsors and exhibitors.
For information on available opportunities, please contact Megan Craig at email@example.com or (312) 321-1500.
Tags: patient, living with kidney disease