Your Kidneys & You is an educational program designed to raise awareness among the general public about kidneys, risk factors for kidney disease, and how to protect your kidneys.
To find an upcoming Your Kidneys & You educational presentation in your area, email Regina White at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 321-1500. Our presentation schedule is updated frequently.
Kidney disease in our country is on the rise:
- 1 in 3 Americans are at risk for kidney disease due to diabetes, high blood pressure, or a family history of kidney disease
- 1 in 9 Americans already have kidney disease
- Kidney disease is irreversible
- African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Pacific Islanders and Native Americans are at an increased risk
- People 60 years or older are at an increased risk
Most people don’t know they have kidney disease until their kidneys have failed and they are faced with either dialysis or a kidney transplant to survive. The National Kidney Foundation of Illinois’ Your Kidneys & You program was developed to raise awareness among the general public and individuals at risk for kidney disease by educating them about kidneys, risk factors for kidney disease, and how to protect your kidneys.
The goals of this program are to:
- Raise awareness of kidneys, risk factors for kidney disease and how to protect kidneys
Engage the general public and those at risk by encouraging them to:
- Go to the doctor for kidney disease risk evaluation/testing
- Visit the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois’ website for more information
- Call or email the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois to discuss your concerns
- Share this presentation with others
Interested in educating your community about kidney disease and its risk factors? Apply to become a Your Kidneys & You Ambassador
Kidney disease is on the rise and we need your help in reaching at-risk communities with this crucial educational program. Your Kidneys & You is designed to raise awareness among the general public about kidneys, risk factors for kidney disease, and how to protect your kidneys. The program consists of a set of brief PowerPoint slides, along with scripted notes and handouts that the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois’ Volunteer Ambassadors present to groups in their community. The goal of this program is to educate the general public, reach those who are at risk for kidney disease, and encourage them to take action by visiting their doctor and getting screened.
Your Kidneys & You Ambassador Requirements:
- Identify ideal locations in your community for Your Kidneys & You presentations
- Minimum of three (3) presentations per quarter (3 presentations within a 3-month timeframe)
- Present to a minimum of 25 and a maximum of 50 people
- Confident speaking in front of a group
- Must be willing to dedicate a minimum of six (6) months to the program
- Have a passion for educating others about kidney disease and its risk factors, or a direct connection with kidney disease (i.e. self, family member, spouse, siblings, etc.)
Interested in hosting a Your Kidneys & You presentation?
If you are interested in having an Ambassador come to your community to present Your Kidneys & You, please contact Regina White at email@example.com or (312) 321-1500. Please note that we have a limited number of ambassadors and we will try to ensure as many communities as possible are represented. Upon receiving a request, we will do our best to identify an Ambassador closest to your community, but know that we may not be able accommodate every request submitted.
Virtual Presentation Option
The National Kidney Foundation of Illinois offers a virtual presentation option to organizations and corporations looking to share information about kidney disease with their employees. The Your Kidneys & You presentation is a great fit for “lunch and learn” seminars, as it is 30 minutes in length with 15 minutes for Q&A.
- In order to offer a virtual Your Kidneys & You presentation, the host organization/corporation must have a virtual platform for delivery (such as GoToWebinar, or LiveMeeting), capable of displaying a PowerPoint presentation.
- Host organization/corporation must allow use of a conference call line for NKFI to deliver the presentation.
- NKFI will send, in advance, a link to a SurveyMonkey evaluation survey as well as PDF version of slides. We ask that host coordinators provide this link along with the slides to employees prior to the presentation and remind employees at the end of the presentation to please complete the anonymous survey.
- Notify the NKFI how many participants register and attend the presentation.
For more information or to schedule a Your Kidneys & You virtual presentation, please contact Regina White at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 321-1500.